Friday, August 30, 2013

Sssssshhhhhhh This is MY secret ;-)

So many people ask me "what is your secret?" Well I am going to share it with you all today.
Here it is... (drums roll please...lol:)) INTERVAL Training* (my version lol I modified it too maximize benefit and to well utilize my time which is very limited with my adorable 8 month old).
What is Interval Training? It involves repeated bouts of harder work interspersed with periods of easier work ( or occasionally short rest periods). Interval Training CAN be used for all fitness levels it does not matter if you are at beginners or an advance level. (that's why I love it!!)
Let me give you an example if you are beginner, IT for you can start as easy as doing 3 minutes on the treadmill (also you can use the bike or the elliptical) walking slow or around 3 mph with no inclination then follow by 1 minute of "hard" work around 3.5 mph (around 14 on the RPE*) You can repeat this for 20 minutes and if you add a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down YOU ARE SET, DONE with your work out for the day! 
In just 30 minutes you had a total body work out; it is not boring, it boost your metabolism, accelerate fat lost and tone you body! Not to mention that as a mom we have very little time for ourselves, Let's face it. It in not an excuse to say "as a Mom I have very little time to exercise" (because we DO) nevertheless IT IS an excuse to say "I DON'T have time to exercise" because you can make time for whatever you like (cutting TV time, or logging off Instagram or Pinterest (in my case :) jajjaja) per example) 
Come on lovely ladies WE can do this. so STOP reading this blog and go and get yourself a gym partner (your bff, your neighbor, you hairstylist, anyone) and START working on your post_baby_body I can't say it's gonna be easy but I promise that it's gonna be worthy it!

Bellow I will put this morning work out routine I did with another mommy. We met today at 6am (While the husbands and babies slept) and work out for 30 minutes.
5:00 minutes Warm up ( walk to the gym)
3:00 Jogging on the treadmill
2:00 lunges with weights ( I used 20 lbs, my friend used 10lbs)
3:00 Jogging
2:00 triceps dip 
3:00 jogging
2:00 overhead press
3:00 jogging
2:00 T raises w weights (works out your biceps and triceps)
5:00 minutes cool down
WEIGHTS: Ladies please do not be afraid of incorporating weights into your routine, you will burn more fat during and after your workout and while pairing it with your cardio you will NEVER be bulky nor have men looking arms :)
SO this is IT the secret is out! jajajjaja no big secret at all
Go ahead and share with me your comments or your personal work out secret, remeber sharing is caring...
to all my lovely moms out there, wishing you much success
God bless you all

*REP  it is a method for assessing and/or recomemding intensity and it is vital for many reasons:
- it is important if ypou are takings meds
- it helps you listen to your body
- can provide an accurate gauge of approaching fatigue
-is useful if you have trouble taking you HR

No comments:

Post a Comment